Saturday 3 May 2014

Cyprus, A Harbour

A swimmer is ready to diveA beach on the Cyprus island

Today is the final day of my staying in Cyprus. The only thing I regret about is that I cannot stay here any longer. I would say, that 7 days are not enough to feel the atmosphere of this wonderful island. Next time I will come here for at least two weeks. At the same time, I have had a rich excursion program and have seen many thrilling places. The nature, undoubtedly, is the main attraction of this country.



Having had my breakfast, I left my luggage at the reception and went to the center of Paphos. As usual, I had a walk along seafront. Later I bought a cup of morning coffee at Starbucks and continued my airing. I also dropped in at souvenirs shops in order to buy more presents for my friends.


Occasionally, in harbour I met a Bulgarian artist Boris, who was selling his watercolour paintings. I had a small talk with him and then purchased some recognizable illustrations of Cyprus, which I still admire.


I have worked up an appetite by walking, so I went to familiar to me Blue Mare restaurant. Here I ordered Swordfish, which was really delicious. Unfortunately, I had a limited time before my departure, so I was in hurry and rushed to the bus station. Luckily, the buses run regularly, and I was just on time at the hotel. However, the transfer was late, and I could relax.

On my way back I saw people who flew with me on the plane before. They have stayed here for one week as me, but I could clearly see their satisfied and tanned faces.

At the airport of Larnaka I visited duty free shop and spent the last euros for Commandaria, which is the famous sweet dessert wine. Looking ahead, I have to admit that the wine was truly appreciated by my colleagues. But there is one useful advice: it should be served cold by all means.

The return flight on the half empty plane was successful, so I arrived home safe and sound. Home, sweet home.






No comments:

Post a Comment