Wednesday 30 April 2014

Cyprus, Archeology

An ancient stone archThe scorched grass

I am going to spend another day in Paphos. At this time I decided to buy an unlimited day ticket for travelling with public transport. And it cost me only 5 euros. 


I really like the sea coast in Paphos. Honestly, I can walk here day and night. Everything is made for a comfortable and pleasant strolling. Here and there you meet cafes, souvenir shops and travelling agencies.
Of course, there are numerous hotels in Paphos, but they do not have their own beaches. Instead, there are public places to swim.

After a short walking I decided to find some place for having a light lunch. In harbour area I came across the Blue Mare restaurant, which was located on the second floor and had a stunning sea view. First, I thought that they could serve mussels for me. However, when I found out that they did not have fresh mussels, which was really strange to hear, I asked for a simple Seafood salad.
When finishing my lunch, I have bought frozen yogurt for the dessert in the street. And it was simply delicious.



I took another bus and set off for the old city. Except walking down the narrow and cosy streets, I could find some souvenirs with low price. I also bought a good quality bag for myself. By the way, at 15 o'clock all the shops are closed, and life in this area come to a standstill, so you should be careful if you come here for shopping.



Having returned to the bus station, I went to the Archaeological museum, which is located close to the harbour. The territory of the museum is in open air, and the main attractions are mosaic, amphitheater and lighthouse. This is a perfect place for unhurried strolling and taking excellent photos.



There are many advantages of my hotel. However, there are some short backs as well. First of all, it is its location. Frankly, that it is not a real fun to go out and to get to the center on foot. Because it is rather far from a main road, and it is extremely dusty all around. Moreover, there are no such places as restaurants or shops nearby. Still, the atmosphere in this hotel is cosy and relaxing, food is fairly good, evening events are cheerful and the stuff is welcoming.


Tonight we have had a Bingo show. Unfortunately, I won nothing. Just my luck! The frustration of defeat was smoothed by drinking a glass of Mojito. I also tasted a strong Cyprus coffee, which resembled me Turkish coffee, and it was served in small cup along with a glass of cold water.






No comments:

Post a Comment