Wednesday 9 October 2019

Italy, The Best Pizza

On the way to the Pisa airportThe airport of Pisa

I was rather lazy in the morning, so I stayed in bed as much as possible and did not take time to stroll around Incisa as it was planned yesterday. Eventually, I set off at 10 am to the train station, from where I departed to Florence.

Incisa

Actually, I had no time to stay in Florence, because I had to hurry to the airport.

Tuscany viewsTuscany views

I arrived to the central station of Pisa in one hour. Now it is only 2 kilometres to the airport, and I decided to make this short trip on foot. Meanwhile, I felt hungry, thus I located the nearest pizzeria with Maps.Me application. It was "Fratelli D'Auria". People at this family-run restaurant do not speak English at all. However, even the language barrier did not prevent me from ordering a pizza. And it was the best pizza I have ever tasted during my trip! It was another example of the fundamental truth, that the best local food can be found on the edge of a town.

Pizza Diabolo

Well-fed and absolutely satisfied I got to the airport. My backpack perfectly fitted into the baggage sizer in spite of the purchased sweets and tangerines. I believe, I could buy additional kilos of cheese, which is very limited in my country these days, but I did not.
Finally, I was on board, and in a few hours I came back to Moscow.

Baggage limitation

No comments:

Post a Comment