Saturday 28 July 2018

Prague, Letninske sady

The burnt grassLetninske Sady park

My hotel is located in such a rural area, that I could not locate nearby any bar to taste the local beer. At least, I had a good sleep at this peaceful place.

The morning. The breakfast was simple, but I was completely satisfied with fresh coffee, toasts and vegetables.


At 10 am I checked out the hotel and headed for another accommodation, which I booked with AirBnb service. There is a direct connection by tram between these two locations, but I decided to make the way on foot.

There were only 30 minutes under the scorching sun, and finally I have reached my apartment.



The surroundings of the district Prague 4, where I am going to stay for 9 days, is a relatively quiet place and it has a distinctive style. However, next time I would like to stay in Prague 2, Vinohrady, where the life seems to be more vibrant.





My apartment is located on the upper floor and it looks nice. The host is also a nice person, but he is not Czech. Actually, he came from the USA more than a year ago.


After a small talk with the owner, according to his recommendations, I set off for the left bank to visit the Letensky Sady park. Letensky Sady is the enormous park. And there are so many people taking sun bath, running, walking and drinking beer here.


You will also find here a big beer garden with the open terrace and the great view to the opposite bank. Probably, these people come to the park particularly to enjoy this grand view.



Later, I entered into the government park and found myself near the Saint Vitus Cathedral. After taking some regular photos I continued the walking.


Then I walked along the wall and ended up at the entrance to the Prazsky Hrad, which is accessible from the Nerudova street, where the hotel Zlate Hvezdy is located. Actually, I used to stay in that hotel many years ago. These are good reminiscences, and one day I would like to repeat this experience of staying in this superb hotel.




Again, there were many kilometers on foot across the Charles bridge, Old town and Vaclavska square. In the end, I took the tram and came back home.



It was late to go somewhere far from my house. So, I decided to explore the local area and to find some place to eat. Honestly, there are not so many interesting places for my taste at close quarters. First of all, I could not see people, who I could communicate with. Secondly, I was a little bit scared of those places, because there were numerous homeless people in the street.

Finally, I bumped into the restaurant Chapadlo. I ordered soup goulash and dark beer Kozel there. All in all, I paid 100 crowns. Not bad in terms of quality and price.


There have been 24000 steps for today. However, I made more than 31000 steps yesterday. Now I should think how to beat my record the following days!
Unfortunately, I have got a blister, my legs hurt, and my face is red because of the extremely active sun. Nevertheless, I am highly happy to be here.




No comments:

Post a Comment