Tuesday 31 July 2018

Prague, The Castle

The Castle squareThe view on the Prague city

The morning starts with the Corners Coffee. Actually, it is 2 kilometers from my apartments, but I am happy to make this little journey on foot. Indeed, it is another opportunity to enjoy the surroundings of the Prague 10 district.


Again, I pass by the television tower and stop at the Riegrovy Sady for a while.





On the way back I stayed at Havlicek Gardens, where I came to the restaurant Vinicini Altan. Here I drank some white wine from the local vineyard. The vine was average to my taste. However, it is definitely worth trying, just for experience, because you may not have another opportunity to taste wine produced in the Czech Republic.


In Havlicek Gardens there is another attraction, which should be visited while you are walking in the park. Actually, it is grotto, the artificial cave with the gracefully decorated fountain in the front. This quite corner might be a real salvation if you feel hot and tired.


In the afternoon I go for lunch to Ceska Kuchyne, the restaurant, which is located not far from the street Na Prikope, close to the market. For the pork with mushrooms, knedlics and a bottle of water I paid 138 crowns. One interesting feature is that you should pay money at the cashier desk when exiting the restaurant. In general, it looks like an ordinary canteen, and to my mind, the food is average here. So, the place itself is not impressive.



This spit roasted pork on the street reminded me of one of the most famous traditional Czech dishes, which is called Veprove Koleno. I definitely should try it while staying in Prague!


Now I am heading for the Prague castle, that is placed on the other side of the river, across the Charles Bridge.


At the entrance to the Castle from Nerudova street there is the hotel Zlata Hvezda, where I used to stay seven years ago. The hotel is really gorgeous outside and inside. I still remember, that the service was superb there. So, I decided to take a table and order a drink to relax before visiting today's main attraction. Honestly, the prices at this restaurant are doubled. For example, Pilsener costs here 75 crowns. Still, I went for the lemonade with the price of 70 crowns. Honestly speaking, it is the unique situation when beer in Prague costs more than water! Anyways, for the superb location you are expected to pay.
By the way, the waiters in Prague very often have the big leather wallets to give you the change as soon as possible.


It is 8 pm. There are no crowds of tourists near the castle. So, I could make some photos without numerous people in the picture. And what is more important, I was able to enjoy the silence while looking at the fascinating things around.


It is getting dark, but I decided to spend some time on the Charles Bridge and admire the colourful sunset.



The atmosphere of the night Prague is totally charming, and the monuments illuminated by electric lights look even more impressive. I wish, I could devote the whole night to strolling in the cobbled streets of the city. Nevertheless, I should go home, because I feel extremely drowsy.




No comments:

Post a Comment