Wednesday 1 August 2018

Prague, Little Italia

Vrtbovska garden, the baroque Italian-style terrace gardenThe garden

It is very hot from the very morning, up to 34 degrees. The weather is unbearable. So, I did not want to leave my apartment at all. Eventually, I plucked up and went to the Excelcior pub, where they offer a daily menu. For the mushroom soup, goulash with lots of gravy, the lemonade and a coffee I paid 263 crowns. It is too much for the lunch, I think. Still, I am ready for a long walking now.


At first, I wanted to visit the top of the Petrin hill. But later I decided to have a look around this area, so I started with observing the Seminary garden on the slope of the hill. They say that there are about 2100 fruit trees here, including apple, pear and plum. The fruits in the garden can be freely picked. At least, I have not noticed any warning that it is forbidden.


I did not dare to climb the Petrin hill, because it was quite tiresome for me. So, I set off for another remarkable place. It was the Vrtbovska garden, the baroque Italian-style terrace garden. This cozy corner is secretly hidden in the court of the palace, accessible from the street Karmelitcka.
The composition effect of the garden is based on a terrace floor graduation, and the floors are connected with stairs.
The entrance fee is 70 crowns. If you are thirsty, you can buy here a small bottle of sparkling water for 35 crowns, but it seems to be expensive, so it is better to take water with you before visit.






In Prague there are numerous free attractions such as street performances, open gardens and active cathedrals. They also are used to running free exhibitions at the cultural centre Rudolfinum. For example, these days they offer audiovisual installation "Ma Vlast - Up Close And Out Loud". In short, this is a unique experience in the perception of the iconic works of Czech music, including the works of Bedrich Smetana and Leos Janacek. Honestly, I liked it very much.




After visiting the show I went to the cafe, which is located in the same building of Rudolfinum. The prices are moderate and the atmosphere is very special here. I did not bother to leave 110 crowns for a cappuccino and freshly squeezed orange juice.


One more time I had to exchange the currency. By the way, the approved address is Panská, 895/6. Today for 100 dollars I have received 2190 crowns.

Speaking about the supper, I have had it today from the Doner Kebab served by a young Chinese man. This meal cost me 90 crowns. I promised myself, that I would not repeat it anymore. I believe, that it is much better to eat some sausage at the local restaurant instead of this kind of street food, and it would cost the same money.






No comments:

Post a Comment