Sunday 5 August 2018

Prague, Around the city

The view over Prague from the Letninsky SadyThe view over Prague from the Letninsky Sady

It has been raining all night and the whole morning. It is true, that I wanted some relief during my hot staying in Prague, but obviously not like this one and not on the final day. Nevertheless, the rain has stopped, and I set off for my regular morning coffee.


At this time I have stayed at Coffeepark near the Riegrovy sady. Croissant and cappuccino cost me 69 crowns here.


After having refreshed I stopped at the Riegrovy Sady enjoying a splendid view from the hill and thinking about my next plans.
Actually, I want to see as much of Prague as possible today, because tomorrow I have a return flight. So, it might become the busiest day of the whole trip.


I think, almost every tour starts from the Vaclavske Namesti, which in fact is one of the busiest place in Prague. I also have been an often visitor of this place. However, I am not impressed by this area at all, and I consider it as a convenient transport hub only. I hope, very soon they will modernize this square and will present the more attractive space.


Oasis of calm in Prague can be found on some of the numerous islands on Vltava river. One of these islands is Strelecky ostrov, a romantic place hidden among the branchy trees under the Bridge of the Legions.




Another great place for relaxation is the artificial island Kampa. It is not only a place for the picnics, but also a place, where various festivities and external exhibitions are frequently held. The today's examples of modern art include Babies from David Cerny and Yellow Penguins by the Cracking Art Group.




Of course, I could not miss opportunity to visit again the Charles Bridge, which actually starts above the northern tip of the island Kampa.



This is such a good start of the day and the rest will be not less interesting.


After a short break at home I headed for the Letninske Sady to spend there the rest of the day.


Notably, at the edge of the Letna park you will find the gigantic Metronome monument. Previously, a gigantic monument to Joseph Stalin overlooked the city from this spot, but it was demolished in 1962.


I have already mentioned, that Letna park is extremely popular among the tourists thanks to the picturesque view of the city, but it is also popular among the roller skates and runners. Moreover, this place is often chosen for holding some festivals and performances.




It was a good completion of my trip, and I am absolutely satisfied with all things I have seen and experienced during these days. I want to hope, that my next trip to the Czech Republic will occur less than in seven years. There are so many unexplored sites awaiting for me here. And I am looking forward to discovering them all.




No comments:

Post a Comment