Friday 3 August 2018

Prague, More gardens

The Botanical Garden from the Charles UniversityThe Gardens below the Prague Castle

On the way from my home towards Vaclav Namesti I always passed by the stop called Botanica Garden. This time I decided to get off here and observe the place.
As it turned out, this is not the main botanical garden of the city, but the botanical garden owned by the Charles University. It looks shabby, but it is free of charge. However, if you want to visit the hothouse you must buy a ticket. I did not obtain any ticket, so I had a nice walking around.





I continued my strolling around the city...
One interesting fact is that many cathedrals in Prague have free entrance. I always use such an opportunity to get in, because it is cool inside, and it is possible to relax after a long walking. And again, in search of the shelter from the heat I visited one of such places.


The lunch was at the familiar to me restaurant Lokal, located in Stare Mesto. The truth is that this place is very popular among tourists and local people. The main reason of such popularity, I think, is that they serve here delicious food. The meal, including roasted pork with cabbage and mix of bread and potato dumplings, cost me 170 crowns. It was very good, indeed.




Now I feel completely recharged and I am ready to continue my excursion program.




The main showplace for today's observing is the Gardens below the Prague Castle. Unfortunately, the entrance is not free. The ticket costs 100 crowns, but it is worth every penny.
Actually, this is the complex of interconnected gardens, which have the rich architectural decoration, decorative staircases, balustrades, scenic terraces, garden-houses and pavilions. Moreover, they grow here different fruits such as grape, apples and peaches. Honestly, I could not but pluck an apple and a cluster of grapes and try it. Hopefully, I digested it without any problems. At the same time, near the peach tree I could read the warning, that the plant was treated with some chemicals.






Again, for my supper I stayed at the restaurant near my apartments U Basenthu, which actual address is Taborska 389/49. It is such an atmospheric and authentic place with wide tables and loud chats between comers, that I fall in love with this restaurant. Of course, I ordered the roast duck with potato and cabbage. It is simply delicious and it costs only 129 crowns! However, when I come here another day I should try something different. I strongly believe, that any other dish would be as tasty as the duck.



Well, it is so great in Prague in summer time! The magnificent gardens are in bloom, and the weather is favorable not only for walking in daylight, but at night. However, next time I would like to come here in autumn to see the city in the golden finery.








No comments:

Post a Comment