Sunday 29 July 2018

Prague, Parks in the city

Riegrovy Sady parkHavlickovy Sady park

Bright morning with the clear sky. Small breakfast at home. So, I am ready to start my walking tour in search of good fresh coffee.
Yesterday my host told me about a place where they serve the best coffee in the city, in his opinion. It is called Corners Coffee. And according to the map it must be located 1.5 km away from my residence (Praha 10-Vinohrady). Why not to reach this place on foot, I thought.


Well, it was not easy, but I found it with the directions from the map on my smartphone. On my way I discovered so many richly decorated houses and the beautiful park Havlickovy Sady with vineyard.



Coffee at Corners Coffee is really good. Here, I went for cappuccino, which cost me 60 crowns, and the croissant for 25 crown.


After drinking coffee I continued exploration of the district. Meanwhile, I found a weird telecommunication tower of 216 metres high and a new big garden called Sady Bratri Capku.


People say that this tower is one of the ugliest buildings in the world. However, I don't support that point of view, and I consider it very attractive.


Another park on my way was called Riegrovy Sady, situated on the hill, with wooden and open grassy areas. I promised myself to come back to this place again and enjoy the breathtaking view of the city from that point. But now I should continue the walking.


After some time my walking tour turned out to be tiresome because of the hot temperature and all those ups and downs. So, I went home to have some rest.


Today's lunch I decided to have at the restaurant U Graffu, which is close to the IP Pavlova underground station. For one beer, a garlic soup and diablo sausage I paid around 227 crowns, including 15% tips. Everything would be fine if not the included "automatic" tips, which was quite surprising for me.


The small supper was at Zvonarka restaurant, with a lovely terrace under a branching tree and Gabrinus for 38 crowns. I think, that finally, I found the place, where I am willing to come back again and again. I recommend it by all means!


It was a very good day, chiefly because of the very nice parks I have located today. And now I am in anticipation of  the next day to make the new discoveries.






No comments:

Post a Comment