Sunday 26 June 2022

Dresden, Florence on the Elbe

Dresden is often referred to as "Florence on the Elbe" due to its abundant artistic and architectural treasures. The city was once one of the most important cultural centers of Europe, and it still boasts numerous museums, galleries, and historic landmarks that attract visitors from all over the world.

I continue exploring the city and visit the most famous landmarks.


Indeed, the main landmark here might be called the Elbe river. It is a nice type of activity to visit the riverbank and enjoy the dawn or sunset. I am not sure if it is good to swim there, but some people were doing it.


One of the most amazing views on the city is available from the clock tower of the royal palace. So, I climbed 200 steps and enjoyed the picturesque panorama.




Next stop was at the Zwinger Palace, which houses a good collection of art and antiquities. I simply could not but visit this gallery.



I was bored at the end of the day, frankly speaking. Probably, even one day is really enough to devote to exploring the city. Still, it is always a good idea to spend the morning in the new place. So, I do not regret that I have stayed here for a night.




No comments:

Post a Comment