Sunday 19 March 2017

Europe, The Royal Garden

The tropicsThe cactuses in the botanical garden of Madrid

One more day in the chic imperial city of Madrid. This day must be special, because tomorrow I am going to leave it for Florence. So, I have started with a morning strolling.


I followed the same way, which I did yesterday. For this time I stayed in a lovely place at Plaza Paja to drink my morning coffee and to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of the fresh spring.



Eventually, I walked to the Royal Palace and entered the nearby garden. It is called Sabatini Gardens. The gardens have a formal Neoclassic style, consisting of well-sheared hedges with symmetric geometrical patterns, decorated with a pool, statues and fountains. What is more important, you don't need to pay any admission.




If you are visiting the Royal Palace you will unlikely miss the monument on Plaza de Espana dedicated to the Spanish novelist, poet and playwright Miguele Cervantes and his famous characters. Here, on the square you will also notice two of the tallest buildings in Madrid,142 metres and 117 metres.


I was coming back via Grand Via street, which is surrounded by the huge houses with International shop like Pull and Bear, Bershka, H and M, GAP, Quick Silver, Topman etc. Of course, I could not but purchase some trendy piece of clothes in one of these shops.






Real Jardin Botanico is my next point of destination. Reportedly, it was established by King Charles III in 1781 as a centre of research and study of plant life. Nowadays it is opened to public, but the entrance fee for adults is 4 euro.







The unique thing in this garden is the bonsai collection.




For the evening meal I stayed in a very amusing place Txapela, which offers a great variety of pinchos. This restaurant is located at the beginning of Gran Via street. Honestly, I have not met such diversity of snacks before. It is worth noting that everything was with reasonable price. 


As the tradition, I drink my night coffee in the front of the Royal Monastery of Santa Isabel on my favourite street where I currently live.


It is sad that tomorrow I have to move from this blooming city. I think, I will definitely come back to Madrid to spend here another week or even more.








No comments:

Post a Comment