Saturday 9 February 2013

Israel. Holy Land.

The hotels of NetanyaThe promenade in Netanya

In fact, I have dreamt about this journey for a long time, but something prevented me from this venture. Suddenly, I came up with idea that this was the appropriate time to fulfill my dream. I do not know why, but I felt that I should set off right now. So, I went to the travelling agency and immediately booked a package tour. On the whole, I have been waiting for three weeks, and now I am in Tolmachevo airport.

Honestly, I realized that I was flying to Israel only when I got two boarding passes: one for Moscow, and another for Tel Aviv. Finally, busy work, no sunshine and apathy are behind. At least for one week.


Transaero plane is almost empty. Fortunately, there are no babies' screams, it is warm, and finally I can relax for a while. It is minus two in Moscow, while in Siberia it is about twenty below zero.

We arrived to Moscow. The surface in Domodedovo is icy, and planes move slowly.

I was lost at the airport for a minute, but very quickly I could find the way to the departure hall by asking some questions. Passport control. A girl told me to uncover my passport, and then she let me go through.


There are a lot of duty free shops and no simple seats for the passengers here. Strange.

Our route is via Ukraine, Crimea, Black Sea, Turkey, Mediterranean Sea and Cyprus. The flight takes about four hours. I had some nap, and when I opened my eyes there was time for lunch.

While leaving the plane I was met by a person with some ID. A guy asked me several questions about my purpose of visiting and so on. I was fully confident and he let me go. At the arrival hall I saw a man who held in his hands a piece of paper with my name printed. I wanted to show him my passport, but he said that he was not a police officer, and he is glad to see me in Israel.
The driver from the first sight turned out to be a positive person with a good sense of humour. He told us about the city and shared with some facts from their life. "There is no war in my country, the TV tricks on you", he said. "Sometimes we regret about Soviet Union, but our life is good here."


After leaving my belongings at the hotel room I went for walking. The place is really nice. Only fifty meters to the sea. Today we have heavy waves and picturesque sunshine.

I was hungry, but I needed to withdraw some money from ATM first. Unfortunately, it did not accept my cards. Then I decided to go to the Italian restaurant. I tried to ask the waitress if they accepted any cards. A girl couldn't understand me at first, but then I said the same in Russian. Surprisingly for me, she could speak Russian perfectly. In the end, she asked me, why I was tormenting them with English?! Fun.


It is getting dark early in February. At 6 p.m. it was almost the night. I had some walk down and up the Herzl street, and later I found a place to exchange my euros. To finish the day I drank one glass of freshly squeezed pomegranate juice and went to the seashore to observe the raging sea.




No comments:

Post a Comment