Wednesday 4 October 2017

Alanya, Arrival

A departure boardAn aerodrome

Turkey. Alanya. I have the direct flight from the heart of Siberia to the long-expected seashore. I am aware of the fact that it is considered a low season in Turkey. Nevertheless, there are so many Siberian people, including me, who wish to catch the warm days of the Mediterranean region.

Well, I should confess that eventually I became the victim of a package tourism and all-inclusive system. In the end, I bought the 10-days tour. In my defense, the price was very reasonable. Still, I do not expect to have the supreme service or the food 'a la carte', but I truly want to have a good weather and friendly people around me. I will see...

The queue for boarding

It is a 15D seat. I am lucky enough to have the seat near the emergency exit, so I have an extra space for my legs. Many thanks to a girl at the check-in desk!

The flight was late for 40 minutes due to the late arrival of the plane. Meanwhile, the pilot promised to deliver us to Antalya in 5 hours and 50 minutes. During this period we have had two meals: a complete dinner with chicken and one sandwich.


21:10 o'clock. It is the Antalya airport now. The time difference with Novosibirsk is minus 4. The temperature outside is 23 degrees. 


Actually, I have the bus transfer with my tour operator. The way from the airport to the hotel took about 2 hours

We had a stop near the supermarket. In the mean time, I am getting accustomed with the Turkish traditions. First of all, at shops they unlikely will show the price, or they may have the common cost for the similar type of drink or food, and this is obviously not a good price for the ordinary buyers. Secondly, Turkish salesmen can be extremely intrusive. And finally, they accept any kind of currency. Here, I have calculated the so-called "ice cream index". For one spoon of the traditional ice cream you would pay 2 dollars, 1.8 euro, 150 roubles or 7 Turkish lira.

It was a full night when I stepped in the hotel. Currently, I cannot understand what kind of the place I am going to stay in. However, my room is clean, and there are at least the towels and the toilet paper. I will study the place in details tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment