Thursday 5 October 2017

Alanya, The First Day is Sunny

The Cleopatra beach in AlanyaThe Cleopatra beach in Alanya

The morning is simply beautiful. It is sunny, and the sky is absolutely clear. Now I can explore this place, where I am going to live for ten days.


My hotel is called Kleopatra Togan Suit Hotel. It consists of many buildings, and I was among 'unlucky' people who were sent into the farthest and the worst place of the complex. I cannot say that I was shocked by the hotel, but I was close to this state. Nevertheless, it was to be expected to have such quality for these money.


Actually, I live in the area with the numerous blocks of flats and city hotels. Therefore, everything is within easy reach. You can find here the supermarkets, restaurants and karaoke bars at every corner. Moreover, the main shopping street Ataturk Boulevard is only 5 minutes away from this place.


Another privilege of my hotel is that it is located close to the Cleopatra beach. You would need about 10 minutes to reach the seashore on foot. By the way, it is believed that this beach is the best in the whole Turkey. The sand here is very special in structure, and you probably will not meet this kind of sand anywhere else.
The beach is 2 kilometres long, it is well groomed, and generally it has not deep entrance. In fact, it is divided into several parts that are shared between different hotels, so the guests may have a free lounger and umbrella if they come to the assigned beach. My sector is number 7, but I prefer another one with a gently sloping entrance and without any slippery blocks of stone.
All in all, I am very fond of the beach Cleopatra in Alanya, and this is the thing, which would make me come in Turkey again and again.



Another remarkable attraction in Alanya is the small but beautiful Damlatas cave, that is located at the beginning of the Cleopatra beach (west of mountain with Alanya castle). The cave is full of stalactites and stalagmites, which have been formed during fifteen thousand years. It is also believed that the cave is very helpful for people with asthma decease or other respiratory problems. The thing is that the air in the cave contains relatively high percentage of carbondioxide, and it has 95% humidity with the air temperature of 22–23 °C all year around.


In the evening I went for strolling along the Ataturk Boulevard. In 30 minutes or so I reached the harbour, where I was completely impressed by the shiny night city, especially by the illuminated wall on the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment