Saturday 7 October 2017

Alanya, Up to The Mountain

The cablewayOn the Castle Hill in Alanya

It is cloudy from the very morning, so I decided to set off for the excursion, because the weather is perfect for such ventures...

Well, I go up to the hill, where on the height of 250 metres one of the main city's attraction is located. It is the castle (The Citadel) which was built in the 13th century. One good piece of news for the residents and all tourists is that in August 2017 the cable car was opened, and it starts right from the beach Cleopatra. The round trip by cableway costs only 18 lira. At the same time the single trip costs 14 lira.
Surely, instead of using the cableway you also may come to the castle by bus, and it is definitely cheaper. Still, the journey by cable car is much more exciting!

A funicularA funicular

On the top I found a small village with the salesmen, who offer their craft products. There are also some cafes to drink beverages at or to eat the traditional food. Undoubtedly, it is cheaper to take some sandwiches with you and enjoy the surroundings on your own.

The small village on the top of the Castle Hill

While walking around the mountain you may meet numerous historic villas in Ottoman architecture, the mosque, as well as the graves and other remains from the past.




Actually, I have not visited the main part of the castle (to be precise, I have not entered so-called seaward castle), because it would take me another 15 lira. I have thought that I have already seen enough ruins for today. Nevertheless, climbing the hill itself is another opportunity to take the great pictures with the view of the Harbour and the Mediterranean sea.



The evening I spent walking down to the harbor. For this time I decided to reach the lighthouse and make some photos at night. The view of the hill with the wall from that point looks gorgeous!



There were so many flowers I discovered in the streets of blooming Alanya! Of course, I used the opportunity to shoot them and to place into my photo gallery.






No comments:

Post a Comment