Thursday 29 March 2018

Europe, The Longest Bar Counter

The Rhine river embankment

We move out from Amsterdam and go to Dusseldorf by train. The trip takes about two hours.

Unfortunately, I have to say goodbye to my friend, because he is flying to Moscow today. However, my journey continues.


Following the street from the central station very soon I reached the Altstadt, the historical centre, where my hotel is located. There are a few people in the streets. It is very clean and quiet here.



The interesting thing about my hotel is that there is no reception here and you communicate with staff through the house phone. They open the door remotely when they find out your name, and then they say the code for the box where the key to a room is stored.

My room is on the 4th floor, and there is no elevator here. The room is rather spacious and has all the facilities: the shower, the TV, the hairdryer and other stuff. So, I fully satisfied with this hotel. For money I paid this is the best choice.




I set off for the walking around the city. There are many prominent protestant and catholic churches in the city, and the most famous are Johanneskirche,  Rochuskirche and Marienkirche.



Dusseldorf is a city in western Germany with population greater than 613,000. It is known as an international business and financial centre. It is also regarded as the German capital of fashion.
The city is crossed by the river Rhine. I live in the centre, which is located on the right bank. There are so many shops, restaurants and boutiques here.


The Embankment Promenade, The Burgplatz, The Konigsallee, The Hofgarten are among the top tourist attractions in Dusseldorf, and I am going to visit them all during my excursion.






At night the city centre is transforming significantly. It was peaceful and quiet, but now fun is everywhere. The crowds of people are standing near the bars and socializing freely. Now it is obvious, why Dusseldorf has the title of "the longest bar in the world". In fact, there are more than 300 bars in the Old Town.







No comments:

Post a Comment