Monday 7 September 2015

Malta, At school

Somewhere in Pembroke townThe A-Class language school

It is my first day at the language school A-Class. I wrote an assessment test with 37 points out of 40, therefore I was directed to an upper-intermediate/advanced group.
The teacher's name is Vanessa. Originally she was born in Holland, but a decade ago she moved to Malta and started teaching English.


There are only 7 students in my group: three Italians, one Colombian girl, one Turkish girl, and one guy from the Czech Republic. The class turned out a cosmopolitan one.


It was cloudy in the afternoon. At the same , it was incredibly hot. I went to Valencia to continue exploring the city and to have lunch. I found a nice Italian restaurant La Giara. There was bread with butter and some snacks for a compliment. For the main dish I ordered mussels with garlic and a glass of white wine. Delicious!


Everybody knows that Italians make the best ice cream in the world. And in Valencia I found an excellent example in Amorino gelateria. This time I went for coconut, melon and lemon flavors. The exploration of the old town was lasting in good mood.



When I returned to Pembroke, I continued my walking with strolling around the rocky seashore.

At home I met two new students, who arrived here for work practice from Slovakia. I also was acquainted with Paul, the grandfather of the family. Paul said that I resembled Leo Tolstoy. I did not object his point of view. The old man was also interested in such political issues like Putin, Ukraine and crisis. The main response to his questions were: there is no war between Russians and Ukrainians, I respect Putin, and life in Russia is not so bad and severe as it might seem.

The night I spent in a new place. It's Cork's Irish pub. I was drinking a pint of Guinness and watching a football match between Germany and Scotland. The score was 3:2.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment