Saturday 12 September 2015

Malta, Melieha beach

The umbrellas on the beachThe Melieha beach in Malta

On the Saturday morning I was going to visit a sandy beach in Mellieha, which is one of the longest beaches in Malta. In fact, I was a little bit sleepy and I woke up later as usual. So, I decided to postpone visiting Meliha because there might be difficulties with getting to this place if you do not set off early in the morning. Instead, I went to Sliema to sunbath. 


The lunch-box I bought at Marks and Spencer store in Sliema.


Nevertheless, in the afternoon I set out for Millieha bay. I took the bus X1 from Park and Ride bus stop. The road to the bay is incredibly picturesque itself. While we were driving there were many ups and downs, and we climbed into a slight height. It was really breathtaking to see the sea around you from this height.


The beach in Millieha bay is sandy and the entrance to the sea is shallow, which is just perfect for children and their parents. You can walk up to 50 meters and the water will be only a half of your height.Speaking about the beach, I liked it even more than Golden Bay.



When a returned home, I discovered that my skin became red and I looked like a boiled crab. So, I bought some Greek yogurt and covered the body hoping that it would help my skin to recover somehow . Nevertheless I continued my tradition to promenade at the evening after having my dinner with the host family.


No comments:

Post a Comment