Friday 11 September 2015

Malta, The country of luxurious yachts

A luxurious car in the country of the luxurious yachts A beach in Malta

Today is the last day at the school for almost half students in my group. So, next week we are going to have another class and another teacher. Many people continue their vacation and move to another parts of Europe.

Today's task at class was holding any presentation we chose. And for this time I prepared a talk about celebrating of the most important holiday in Russia. New year celebration. People were surprised to know that we have such long holidays and there is also "old" new year together with "new" new year.


So, today I decided to walk along seashore from Sliema to Valletta. The beginning was rather brave, but unfortunately I was not able to finish this venture. Nevertheless, I could observe plenty of boats and luxurious yachts.

  

In Valletta I visited the restaurant which offers traditional Maltese food. For that time there was baked rabbit with stewed vegetables, olives and cappers. In one word it was exceptionally delicious.
I was lucky enough and I was just in the right time, because they were going to close soon. So, be aware that some places like this might have a break between 15:30 and 18:00. The other traditional food in Malta include pastizzi, small pies usually with cheese, green salad with cheese, and pastry with dates.


The evening I spent in Scotsman's pub with a new acquaintance from the school. We tried local beer Cisk, the lager, which is quite popular in Malta.
It was quite unusual to listen to British karaoke in pub. But that is how they relax here.






No comments:

Post a Comment