Saturday 5 September 2015

Malta, Novosibirsk-Istanbul-Malta

The departure hall at the airport of NovosibirskA queue to board an airplane

Today I have started another exciting journey of two weeks to the island-state of Malta. First, I move from the international airport in Novosibirsk to Istanbul, and then I fly to Malta. The main purpose of my voyage to this Mediterranean country is studying English. For this time I booked the course at the language school with the accommodation by a host family.


Over again, I cannot but mention that Turkish Airlines with its beautiful flight attendants and perfect food is the best air company I have ever travelled with. I like their service and affordable prices very much.

Unfortunately, there is no enough time to observe Istanbul, so I stayed for four hours at the airport.


My flight from Ataturk airport was a little bit late. However, we landed successfully. The airport in Malta is not big, and we even were not offered a bus from the plane. Eventually, we left the airplane, and suddenly I felt how the heat wave hit me. It was extremely hot outside, despite the fact that it was 16 o'clock and the sun was going down already. It was quite unbearable for a Siberian person.

Meanwhile, a taxi driver was waiting for me at the airport to pick up. He handed me a package with some materials from my school and delivered directly to the host family house.


My host family is very nice. Laura and Antonio have two children, a boy and a girl. They own a big house, and some rooms they rent to the international students. We had a pleasant small talk, and then I went to my room to have a short nap after such a long trip.


In the evening I was offered a hot meal, the pasta with seafood, which was very tasty. Later, Laura took me up to the nearest bay with a sandy beach. I walked it through and turned in the direction of my temporary home. So, I decided to make the whole way back on foot. Of course, in case of emergency I had the Laura's telephone number, and she undoubtedly could pick me up if I got lost. Fortunately, with my visual memory and intuition I found the house without any problems.

On my way back I spontaneously bumped with the cafe by some hotel and heard the sounds of live music. I stayed there for a while to enjoy the guitar and the girl's voice while drinking a glass of local white wine. Excellent performance. Good wine. Nice evening. Pleasant atmosphere. I love Malta.
  





No comments:

Post a Comment