Sunday 6 September 2015

Malta, My first trip to Valletta

Valletta cityThe guard of Valletta

I wake up at 7 o'clock this morning. The sun can hardly be seen. Nevertheless, it is incredibly hot outside.
After a shower I came down for the breakfast at the kitchen, where I met Antonio, who was preparing cereals and hot tea for me.



The plans for today are: to locate the nearest seashore, to discover any local supermarket, to find a bus station and to visit Valletta. So, the supermarket and the bus station were found successfully. The beach was also found, but that one was not good enough for a perfect walking and especially swimming. The thing is that it is not organized well, and it looks quite rocky. At the same time there were people swimming there, and many of them were with the dogs.



I returned home, where I had some rest, but then I set off to Valletta by bus. The fare is 2 euro, but the ticket is valid only 2 hours.
Finally, I reached the final stop, close to the square, where a fountain with tritons is located. Here I  also discovered a bus station, where I could by a plastic card for unlimited use on public transport. 7 day ticket costs only 21 euros. I purchased two tickets.



Valletta itself is a small town, with cosy and narrow streets. I fell in love with it.


The ornaments of the buildings are curved beautifully, and it looks very impressive. Here and there you may see the statues of the saints.

In spite of many restless tourists and hot weather I enjoyed my strolling along the streets.



Accidentally, I found a perfect place to eat, which appeared to be a genuine Italian restaurant. Unfortunately, they did not serve Maltese food here, but it was really interesting to try the Italian food.


Zero set 06 is the name of this noteworthy place.


Fried ball with rice (suppli) and tomato sauce and cheese for the starter. Pasta with bacon and tomato sauce and hard cheese for the main dish. Red wine.
There were also tiramisu and short espresso for the dessert. It was my Italian day. I felt happy. And the last words of the waitress were: "If you are happy, I am happy too". Nice Italian people!


The evening meal with the host family was simply amazing. Having sated I went out, took the bus and reached the closest bay. Over there I found a good place with live music, ordered a pint of Guinness and enjoyed my time.
It was almost 22 o'clock when I came back home. Everybody was asleep already.








No comments:

Post a Comment