Saturday 19 September 2015

Malta, The Island of Gozo

A ferry to Gozo islandThe sea

Today I am going to visit the island Gozo. Actually, there are three biggest islands in Malta. These are Malta, Gozo and Comino. To get to Gozo you need to come to Cirkewwa and take a ferry. In fact, nobody asked me to pay for using a ferry. And in Gozo I also could use my transport card which I had bought before.


So, Gozo is smaller than Malta and it looks similar like Malta, with the same architecture and numerous churches.



Here I had lunch which consisted of delicious salad with dried tomato and local cheese and then I went to Rambla.


Rambla is another bay where people come to relax and swim. This place is unique because the sand here is red and the sea is not calm, with big waves. There is bus from Victoria bus station to Rambla and it goes every hour (duration of 20 minutes).  Actually, if you want to observe the island by bus, you should all the time come back to Victoria station and continue your journey from there.



At my way back I had to buy the ticket. And it was a return ticket for 4.65. So, the ferry is not for free.






No comments:

Post a Comment